Sunday, September 23, 2007

References

I did a bit of research this week, and found the sites that everyone seems to know about already. Well, better late than never.
Here are some of the sites I have been using for reference:
http://highend3d.com/ - this site has a lot of great tutorials and some things you can download, like shaders that make it a bit easier to get started.

http://www.spafi.org/index.php - this site has some good tutorials as well. There was a good one about creating a glass shader that should be really helpful for Phil.

I also got around to reading some of Keith Lango's blog/site. Awesome animation tutorials on here.
I paid particular attention to how he has updated the tutorials over the years. That's a hard thing fro me to remember. We are always growing and learning. Even the guys who seem to have it figured out, are learning. That's what keeps them working and great I guess. The reversal of position on adjusting the keyframe pose timings in the dope sheet, to his current view of creating more keyframes is a good example. This actually fits my intuition as well. Get it as close as you can at first, then tweak. It's a hard impulse to resist: I'll just fix it later...well maybe, but it's probably going to be a lot harder. I've learned this in recording music over the years. Better to do another take than try to fix it in the editing!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]