Saturday, October 13, 2007

First bit of animation with Phil

Had a really productive morning today:

I finally worked out how to stencil his "eye" on. I selected some faces on the front of him and gave them a different material. Then I Planar Mapped the stencil file onto the front of him. I had a dream last night that that would work. I don't know where that came from, but I'm glad it did.

Then I realized that lattice deformers had controls so I was able to undo his deformation and redo the above on his smooth surface with a spherical mapping. Then redo the deformation with the attribute and voila, his eye was on his deformed body.

Then I realized I could use the lattice deformer version and create geometry of different shapes - by duplicating and deforming and then duplicating again and so on - and use those to create blend shapes. So I got the blend shapes to work and just to give it a go created a 1 second animation of moving his eyebrow up and down.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]