Thursday, October 4, 2007

More work on Phil

Stopped slacking this week and got around to working on Phil some more. Got the transparency and refraction issues pretty well sorted out. Added in a mouth and got it work like a filament by playing with the incandescence values. I had been using ramps with the transparency but it seems to block the incandescence of the filament, so I inverted the ramp and it seems to work okay. I'll have to ask Will about this. Here are some renders:






















First I rendered without the bulb to see if the incandescence was working. Not bad (a bit bright, but...). Then I added the bulb with the fixed transparency ramp (learned that trick from a tutorial on the spafi.org site). These were done using the mentalray shader. I hope that's okay. I'll have to ask Will about that too.
So then I started thinking about the eye. I tried to add "Philips 60Watt" as a UV on the bulb, but it doesn't show up when I render (maybe because it's transparent). One of the forums mentions layered textures, I'll have to look into that and ask Will if that's the way to go. I hope we're not shooting ourselves in the foot with the transparency!?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]