Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Adding sound

I got the other two shots from Andrew, and just put them end to end, and added the titles are at both ends. Then I added sound to the animation.

The more I made the sound a bit silly, the better it seems to work.

The sound really helps tie it all together. I recorded some of my own breathing and grunting to add in. Sounds a bit silly but adds to the "drama" and helps build up to the pop.
Then I rendered the whole animation as a PAL MPG file as it seems to look best that way. There seems to be an issue with the shadows on the floor. I like how dim the animation is, but the shadows seem to flicker because of it. When the scene is lit brightly (when Phil is about to pop) the flickering goes away. I suppose we can fix that by upping the shadow quality, but it will push the render times even more. We had an average of 3:09 render time per frame (Targa files at 720x576) which totalled 19.2 hours of render time. This makes it crystal clear why render farms exist!!




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]